JetBlue treats its loyalty like royalty, you must have heard and it is very true indeed. The frequent flyer programme of JetBlue got better for the most loyal members with the introduction of JetBlue Mosaic, a new elite tier, which enabled travellers to receive the gift they have always been wanting: free upgrades to Mint, which is JetBlue’s version of Business Class.
JetBlue’s loyalty programme TrueBlue has always been focused on providing customers more diverse ways to get the most out of their travel experience. With the introduction of the JetBlue Mosaic programme last year, the airline ensured that its most loyal customers always have something interesting and advantageous to look forward to.
The new Mosaic tier will enable customers to have a maximum of four free upgrades to JetBlue Mint. However, this upgrade will not be available on JetBlue’s new nonstop flights between New York and London.
What makes Mosaic JetBlue even more are the additional benefits like free checked bags, free same day flight change and free alcoholic beverages, priority security lines, priority in boarding, and priority customer service.
As long as tickets are booked through the official website of JetBlue, these benefits are available on both JetBlue as well as American Airlines.
So if JetBlue Mosaic has caught your interest and you are interested to have some in depth details about it, then you must go through this complete article to have a clear understanding of JetBlue Mosaic.
What is JetBlue Mosaic?
Let’s address the first thing first, what is JetBlue Mosaic? JetBlue Mosaic is a new elite tier for which you become eligible after you have spent $50,000 on eligible purchases with JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business Card in one calendar year. So, for those thinking how to get JetBlue Mosaic, this is how you can get it. Once you qualify for JetBlue Mosaic, you will earn 15,000 TrueBlue points. JetBlue Mosaic has some very amazing perks for the loyal travellers of JetBlue. Let us know about them in detail.
Perks of JetBlue Mosaic
Qualifying for JetBlue Mosaic comes with a lot of attractive benefits which have been described below in detail.
- More points, more benefits
Once you qualify for JetBlue Mosaic, you will be getting 15,000 TrueBlue points. In addition to this, you will be getting an extra 3X points bonus on JetBlue flights which is up to 9 points per $, on jetblue.com or the JetBlue app. No matter which fare you choose for yourself, your Mosaic status will always help you in getting the most out of your flight booking.
- No charges for same day flight switches
Another amazing benefit of qualifying for JetBlue Mosaic is that you get to make same day flight switches for free. This is eligible on all fares including the Blue Basic. If you or your eligible companions on the same itinerary want to make flight changes on the same day then you can do so without having to pay any charges.
- Get your first two bags checked for free:
If you have qualified for JetBlue Mosaic, then you and your eligible travel companions get their first two checked bags free. Along with this, you and your eligible travel companions also get one free carry-on bag plus one free personal item.
- Free wine, liquor and beer:
For JetBlue Mosaic members, flying becomes a more pleasant experience by the delectable beverages like wine, liquor and beer. What makes enjoying these beverages even more delightful is the fact that they are all free for JetBlue Mosaic members.
- Get access to early boarding:
When you qualify for JetBlue Mosaic, you unlock the access to early boarding along with other benefits like early access to overhead bins and even a dedicated boarding lane at most of the airports.
- Get priority in security:
JetBlue Mosaic gives you the benefit of priority in security. So you get the opportunity to fly to your gate faster that too with an expedited lane on some selected airports.
- Prompt customer service:
One of the many advantages of JetBlue Mosaic is the prompt customer service that you receive. After qualifying for JetBlue Mosaic, members get access to a 24/7 dedicated customer service line.
- Free Even More Space:
Starting from 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight, you are free to select any available Even More Space seat from the seat map at the time of checking in online, on the JetBlue app or at the airport kiosk.
- Reciprocal Perks on American Airlines:
If you are a JetBlue Mosaic member and you are travelling on any American operated flight, then you get up to two free checked bags, free Main Cabin Extra, free Same Day Flight Change, priority boarding, expedited security and dedicated check-in on American-operated flights. Not only this, you will also get to continue earning your TrueBlue points and Mosaic bonus points, on American Airlines-operated flights. In addition to this, you can also earn Mosaic-Qualifying points towards your status.
After knowing about all the attractive JetBlue Mosaic benefits, you must be wanting to know how you can earn the Mosaic status. So in the next section, we will familiarise you with the ways of earning Mosaic status.
Methods to earn Mosaic Status
You know about the numerous ways to enjoy the Mosaic status but there are only three ways to earn it. Let us know about them in detail one by one.
- Earn 15,000 points: This is one of the most common methods to earn the Mosaic status. You can earn Mosaic Status by earning 15,000 Mosaic Qualifying points.
- 30 segments + 12000 points: This is another method of earning the Mosaic status. This is a more viable option for people who are big travellers. You can earn Mosaic Status by flying 30 segments plus 12000 Mosaic Qualifying points.
- JetBlue Plus or Business Card purchases: This is a good option to earn the Mosaic status for those who are not very frequent flyers. If you cannot fly, then you can earn the Mosaic status by buying from the JetBlue Plus or Business Card purchases. You become eligible for Mosaic status if you spend $50,000 on eligible purchases with the
JetBlue Plus or Business Card, in a calendar year.
You can earn the Mosaic status either by flying or by buying, whichever comes earlier. Remember that, Mosaic status is awarded only once every qualification year.
What’s new in Mosaic?
The JetBlue Mosaic status went through a makeover and has introduced some new perks to make the flying experience more seamless. Let’s know about everything in detail.
- More levels of Mosaic: In order to reward its most loyal customers, the airline has added more levels of Mosaic. You become eligible to receive more perks each time you level up.
- Get your rewards customised: In addition to the Mosaic signature perks that you receive, you will get an opportunity for some additional rewards on the basis of what is more valuable to you. You can choose your reward from the menu of perks which is available just for Mosaics.
- Introducing tiles: To simplify the process of earning and tracking status, the Mosaic Qualifying Points have been replaced with tiles which can be earned on qualifying travel spend as well as on all JetBlue credit cards. Under this system, you will be given one tile every time you spend $100 on JetBlue, JetBlue Vacations, Paisly by JetBlue, many JetBlue extras and fees, and American Airlines flights as well. Every Time you spend $1000 on eligible JetBlue credit card purchases, you will be given one tile.
- A change in the 15,000 point bonus: The 15,000 point bonus which was earlier available to those who reach the Mosaic status through flight qualification. But now, it will be available to all the Mosaic members from the Perks you Pick menu.
We would also like to clarify things about how you will be assigned the Mosaic level. Your Mosaic level will be assigned on the basis of the highest level you are eligible for on the basis of your qualifying spending.
Four levels of Mosaic Perks
Mosaic 1 (50 tiles)
- No charges for same day flight switches: You get to make same day flight switches for free. This is eligible on all fares including the Blue Basic. If you or your eligible companions on the same itinerary want to make flight changes on the same day then you can do so without having to pay any charges.
- Get your first two bags checked for free: You and your eligible travel companions get their first two checked bags free. Along with this, you and your eligible travel companions also get one free carry-on bag plus one free personal item.
- Free wine, liquor and beer: To make flying a more seamless experience, delectable beverages like wine, liquor and beer are provided. What makes enjoying these beverages even better is the fact that they are all free for JetBlue Mosaic members.
- Get access to early boarding: You also get access to early boarding along with other benefits like early access to overhead bins and even a dedicated boarding lane at most of the airports.
- Get priority in security: You also receive the benefit of priority in security. So you get the opportunity to fly to your gate faster that too with an expedited lane on some selected airports.
- Dedicated customer service: Dedicated customer service is another big advantage. Members get access to a 24/7 dedicated customer service line.
- Free Even More Space: Starting from 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight, you are free to select any available Even More Space seat from the seat map at the time of checking in online, on the JetBlue app or at the airport kiosk.
- Heathrow Express Upgrade: Heathrow Express Upgrade is a complimentary upgrade from Express to Business First.
In addition to this, you also unlock the JetBlue Vacations bonus and 5,000-point bonus from the Perks You Pick if you had not already chosen them before reaching Mosaic.
Mosaic 2 (100 tiles)
Under Mosaic 2, you get Even More Space at the booking which includes 7” more legroom at no extra fee at the time of booking on every JetBlue-operated flight.
Mosaic 3 (150 tiles)
Under Mosaic 3, you get 4 certificates which allow you to book in back and then move to Mint at no extra charge.
Mosaic 4 (250 tiles)
Under Mosaic 4, there are two benefits.
- BLADE Airport transfers
Under this, you get credits for 4 one-way BLADE Airport helicopter transfers between Manhattan and JFK or EWR.
- Transfer to Mint again
Under this, you get 2 certificates which allow you to book in back, then move to Mint at no extra charge.
This was all about the JetBlue Mosaic Status. Most of the important things have been covered by us in this article but if there is anything that confuses you, then you can dial the JetBlue Mosaic phone number. When you give a call on the Mosaic JetBlue phone number, you will be directed to a customer support executive who will help you in clearing all your doubts and queries. You can talk to the customer support representative about all the things which are not clear to you and the customer support representative will get all your issues resolved.